When you order from EcoSmartShades.com, you receive a product made with utmost craftsmanship and care. Your new shades are an investment for the long term and we want to make sure you receive phenomenal value for years to come!
As you read through our warranty, you might notice there’s something missing.
Where is that pesky exclusion for “normal wear and tear”?
Doesn’t everybody have one of those? Well… we don’t! We want you to use your shades, and we would never penalize you for doing so. Please feel free to operate your shades to your heart’s delight and know that we’ve got you covered!
ONE OF MANY REASONS WE BELIEVE WE OFFER THE BEST WARRANTY IN THE BUSINESS!
But hey, we can’t warranty everything…
- Did your cat scale your shades trying to catch that ever-elusive moth?
- Did your “helpful” relative “install” your shades using a chainsaw and duct tape?
- Did a paintball competition break out while you were away for the evening?
Some things are a wee bit out of our control, and while we can’t cover every conceivable situation in our warranty, we’ll still help you out with a deep-discount replacement shade when we can’t!
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING STANDARD PULL-CORD SHADES AND STANDARD TOP-DOWN/BOTTOM-UP PULL-CORD SHADES *ONLY*
The U.S. Federal Government is currently considering legislation that, if passed, would potentially eliminate our ability to produce the aforementioned shades in their current form. As it relates to our warranty, this legislation may also prevent us from repairing any such shades owned by our customers. Due to this possibility, we must limit the warranty period to 2 years for any of these shades purchased from this point forward.
This does not affect the warranty for any of these shades purchased prior to this notice, or for any of our other shade styles (i.e. Continuous Cord Loop, Cordless, Hybrid, Motorized, and applicable Top-Down/Bottom-Up versions of each).
For information on the proposed legislation, click here. | If you have questions, please contact us. | Updated: 07/20/2022
RESIDENTIAL LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY
Updated July 20, 2022
EcoSmartShades.com warrants that its window treatments will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for as long as the original residential purchaser owns the product.
This warranty does not include any conditions or damages resulting from accidents, alterations, misuse, or abuse.
This warranty does not cover minor variations in fabric color. Some fading or discoloration of any fabric over time is to be expected and is not covered under warranty.
Please do not attempt to repair your shade. Self-repair will void this warranty.
ELIGIBILITY: EcoSmartShades.com warranties only shades purchased directly from EcoSmartShades.com. For shades purchased elsewhere, please contact the seller for warranty information. Warranty applies to the original purchaser and is not transferable.
- What we need from you: Your name, address, date of purchase, and a description of the shade (size, color). That’s it!
- What we commit to you: We will repair or replace (at our discretion) your warrantied shade once it’s returned for inspection. Sorry, we do not supply parts to clients – it’s best for everyone if we tackle the repair!
- Operational components (including cords, cord locks, and clutches, and excluding motorization components) are warrantied for 10 years from the date of purchase.*
- Fabric delamination is warrantied for 7 years from the date of purchase.*
- Motorization components are warrantied for 5 years from the date of purchase.
- All other shade components and brackets are warrantied for the life of the product.*
- Shipping costs within the contiguous U.S.A. are covered in both directions by EcoSmartShades.com for the first year after purchase, excluding claims related to the Measuring Safeguard program. All other shipping costs are the responsibility of the purchaser.
*Shades with standard pull cords purchased after 7/19/22 are warrantied for 2 years. <learn more>
This Warranty is exclusive and in lieu of all other obligations, liabilities or warranties. In no event shall EcoSmartShades.com or its licensed fabricators or distributors be liable for incidental or consequential damages, or for any other damage, loss or expense, cost or fee associated with such damage. In some states, exclusions for incidental or consequential damages are not allowable. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state. Policy is subject to change without notice.
This limited warranty is exclusive of commercial use. This limited warranty supersedes any previous versions. All sales are final, and refunds are not available. Discontinued products and components are not covered under this warranty.
KEEP THIS CERTIFICATE AND YOUR ORDER CONFIRMATION FOR YOUR RECORDS!